Friday, January 11, 2008

Moving Forward

I had yet another appt with an OB today! Ya I am a regular there. This time with Dr. D. I had forgotten how much I loved Dr D, I love how willing he is to go above and beyond the call of duty. Today I am 13dpo and am hopeful of a BFP this cycle, I also know it is a long shot. I went in to ask for 2 things. One that he refer me to the HSG, since if he refers me and not a RE it might actually get covered by my insurance. Number 2 was for P4 tests for the next few months. I want to see the quality of my ovulation. He agreed to BOTH! WOOOOHOOOOO!

He also did an u/s not to look for a baby because it is WAY to early to see that but to see if my linning was thick and to check for polops and other things that can impeade implantaion. I looked good. My cirvix looked good too, which is great since I no one has ever talked to me about it. He told me that if I wanted I could come in for a saline histo-sonogram, or something like that, that he would do it in a regular office visit. This is great news since it means I will only have to pay my co-pay 30$ for it rather than 529$ which is what the Kaiser RE office charges plus a exspanded visit charge of 207$.

The only sad thing about this visit was that insurance wont cover the HSG and that will ALL be OOP. :( I don't have an exact price but somewhere around 800 is what the nurse said. There goes my BugaBoo stroller. Believe me I am happy to have been able to slide so much under the table but I constantly feel reminded that if insurance would just cover this I wouldn't be having a money issue. Hear is our list of what we have been able to slide under the table.

So far we haven't had to pay the full price for:

SA
CD 3 b/w
P4 test
2 ultrasounds (to look at my linning)
and now the SGH

but a little part of me is still really shocked at how much this is all going to cost us. After all this was supposed to be easy.

After my OB visit I went next door, yup at Kaiser the RE office is right next door to the OB/GYN (thankfully thay don't share a waiting room!) and asked about my intake forms. They hadn't processed them yet. Right now they are completly back loged. However since I was there and no one was waiting she went ahead and processed them! Wooohoooo! She gave me a folder and a price sheet, which scared the CRAP out of me and then....

she made me my first appt. MARCH 4th at 11 am

By then I need to have the HSG and SHG done and she told me that if I didn't I sould call in and rescedual the appt.

I have a feeling that when I talk to R tonight things will be moving to fast for him and he will want to wait. I am okay by that, infact I kinda feel like this is moving really fast. I mean I knew it might be like this but I also thought it might take months. I have to admit I am scared but also excited. So R and I have a LOT to talk about!

No comments: