Wednesday, November 14, 2007

My Mom

I know I bitch and moan about my mom a lot on this blog so I wanted to share with you all the great wonderful stuff about my mom, because in truth she is my best friend. She was over last night while R had to study for his next test. We watched an old Oprah off my DVR about IVF and surrogacy. She reacted so well. I think it was lots of info for her to process but at least she understood the process and emotions. Hopefully she will never have a daughter who has to go through that but at least now she is better informed than she was.

My mom and I have a weirdly close relationship, as I said she is my best friend, and most people don’t get it. I can talk to her about anything and everything from issues with friends to work or school stuff to marriage issues, even girly stuff. And by girly stuff I mean yeast infections, OB appt, and sex. Yes I can talk to my mom about sex! I know that many, many people freak out about this. They think I tell her about how often or about size or positions but NONE of that stuff ever comes up. What does happen is things like a cyst on my girly parts and I call and ask her what it is and she can tell me how to get rid of it, or we are shopping and I need a new sexy outfit because lets face it girls TI can get really boring, and she helps me find something. Most of you are probably still freaking out because for the life of you, you can’t imagine sharing that stuff with your mom. But my mom is cool, she is open and not judgmental. How many of you can say that about your mom?!!!?

How many of you can call her crying and upset about work or husbands? How many of you know your mom would come get you if you were to drunk to drive or ran out of gas on the highway? I can call her for just about anything. Even as a teen I knew I could call if I got drunk or high at a party and needed a safe ride home. She is there for me like no one else has ever been other than DH. I am closer to her than most of my girl friends.

Now some of you are thinking “I would hate that” but not one of my friends has ever said that. Most of the time they admit that they wish their mom was as cool, open, honest and non-judgmental. And my friends love her too. They invite her along to lunch, to their kid’s B-day parties, and ask how she is every time we talk. Yes I have a COOL MOM and am very lucky and one day my kids will have a open, honest mom too.

1 comment:

Maria (MKC101103) said...

I'm very happy for you. I have that same relationship with my Mom and I wouldn't trade it for the world :-)