Saturday, March 28, 2009

Mommy's Day

When I woke up this AM Riley and R informed me that today was Mommy's Day. I told them that it wasn't till May but then they informed me that this was Mommy's day not Mother's day. No difference except I didn't get a card or flowers and no one but us was celebrating it today.

First R let me sleep in while he took care of Riley. Riley has regressed and won't take a bottle so I had to feed him but I was able to go back to sleep. I ended up sleeping till 9am when I smelled the food. R had made me breakfast and was going to bring it to me in bed! We had pancakes which were YUMMY! We have pancakes almost every Saturday morning, it is kinda our thing.

Then after feeding and getting dressed we went to our local outside mall for lunch. Riley feel asleep in the car, I love when that happens! and when we got there we scored an awesome parking spot right across from where I wanted to eat! That made me REALLY happy. Lunch was great and Riley slept through it so it was almost like having a DATE! I cherish his long naps, especially when they are during meal time. There is nothing like adult conversation during a meal to keep a marriage alive, don't get me wrong the other kind of adult time is great but conversation is what makes a marriage alive.

After that we walked around for a long time, about 5 hours, some of it in the sling, some of it in the stroller. We didn't buy much, a new hat for Riley because the sun was in his eyes a lot as we walked, and then some frozen yogurt for the adults. It was a great day! I can't wait for the next one!

No comments: