Thursday, February 7, 2008

Waving 'hi' from vacation

I hate to start a blog like this but I want to confess something: The mounting pg blogs are starting to upset me. I am thrilled for ALL my blogger friends for getting pg BUT that doesn't mean I am not sad that I am not one of them. "Normal" people would call that selfish but you IF girls will understand. So if all of a sudden I am no longer commenting on your blog, please understand and please feel free to keep reading mine and commenting if you like.

In other news vacation is going well. I am having a lot of fun with my niece and nephew. In so manyways itis like no time has passed at all since they left CA and in other ways (how much they have grow- for example) it seems like it has been forever.

However, and you must have known there would be a however because why else would I blog about it, my sis is dringing me crazy. I love herbut our relationship has always been strained. We tend to disagree on just about everything. She has very strong opinion and so do I plus neither of us back down from an arguement, it isn't a good combo. Tonight she was going on and on about how she thinks working moms are scum and basically neglectful of their kids. She even said she doesn't understand why working moms have kids since they just let other people raise them. She said she understands that some mothers have to work in order to pay rent, but that if you can afford vacations and nice clothing that you are sacrificing being with your kids and are letting other people raise them. I don't agree with that, although I do think SAHM who have live in nannies are over kill but if that is what makes you a great mom then so be it. Her tone was so condicending it killed me to listen to her go on and on. I quickly told her I disagreed and that she was being very condicending and then changed the subject. Thanfully we agreed to disagree and that was it this time, but that isn't always the case.

I love my sis but if there was a way for me to see my niece and nephew with out seeing her I would, because while I love her, I don't like her. She is a family member and because of that we talk to each other and play nice but there is little chance we would be friends if we weren't family.

2 comments:

nickoletta100 said...

I have a brother so I have this rosy idea of it just being wonderful to have a sister. I am sorry you have such a strained relationship. I am glad you are enjoying the kids though.

Anonymous said...

I'm a blog lurker, shy even on the internet, but I wanted to just say that I don't think she meant you shouldn't be a mom--but that maybe MAYBE you are meant to be a mom to one or more of the hundreds of thousands of children that are already out there without a mom.

I'm sorry if that offends you, esp since you don't know me, I just wanted to throw that out there in case you hadn't thought of it.

Regards,
Patty