Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Day two... of my diet

I have been think about turning this blog partly into a weightloss blog because God knows I need to lose some weight. My goal is 35 pounds and to keep it off. I would love to lose about 20 pounds by my Birthday in May. My mom is about to have a lap bad procedure to lose weight but first she also needs to lose about 30 pounds. So together yesterday we both had our first day of South Beach Diet. I am already craving carbs and suger but so far no loss of will power. Saturday we are hosting a party at our house and so I will be breaking my South Beach diet then. Partly because I don't want my guests to have to suffer for my diet but mostly because I would love to cheat and there is no way I could with stand the want to eat chocolate cake. However the best thing about SB is that comming back to it is so easy. I will be having a weigh in once a week on Mondays so exspect updates then. I would also like to thank Kristen author of I would Diet for That because her post about losing a sack of potatoes inspired me to finally start SB again. Wish me luck everyone.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Definitely good luck!

Kristen said...

We can be weight loss buddies!!!! No matter how we take it off (you South beach, me Weight Watchers), as long as those sack of potatoes or sticks of butter come off, that is what REALLY matters. I'm glad I've inspired you...and I look forward to sticking through this roller coaster of weight loss with you!!!

Butterfly said...

Good Luck!! I started on South Beach last August and it really does work. I do my own version of it now but do kinda stick to the concepts and I am nearly at 40lbs gone.

When I eat something with sugar now I really only eat one or two bites and it is too much for me. It is amazing how the body doesn't crave it after a while.

Best of luck and if you need any support on the South Beach let me know.

Leona

Jill said...

I just wanted to wish you good luck!

Christina said...

Yay!! Me, too!! We can be weightloss buddies!!

littlemonkey said...

Just wanted to wish you good luck! My mom went on SB, lost a ton of weight, and the principles really stuck with her (she can entertain with SB and I don't mind! It's yummy, nutritious food!)

Looking forward to your progress!