Saturday, June 21, 2008

12 Weeks and NT scan

NT scan went GREAT! Baby looks healthy and the measurement was 1.2 and 1.0 mm so well within normal! Our scan person was kinda rude to us. I explained I was nervous and she told me I had a long pg ahead of me if I kept it up. ummmm thanks? But I didn't ask your opinion.Baby was face up at first but then quickly moved. She looked a little like an alien but don't mention that to R because he immediately gets a picture of the movie Aliens where it pops out of the belly. She laid face down for the rest of the scan, perfect for getting the measurement not so great for getting cute pictures. I asked the lady about trying to see the face agian and she tried for a quick second but gave up since baby decided to cover her face with her hand. She is just like her daddy, and doesn't like getting pictures taken. She better grow out of that fast because I am a HUGE picture taker. R commented that baby is like me, sleeping on her tummy. Heartbeat was in the 160s today again. So everything looks good! For the first time since getting pg I felt happy and unworried for 48 hours straight. It was amazing feeling that good about the pg. Of course now I am back to my worry but that is why we ordered the doppler.

I ordered the doppler on Friday and it should arrive by next Friday just in time to be 13 week. If I don’t get it by Friday I will be convincing Ava to let me use hers on Saturday night when we visit. I am so excited to visit Ava and her hubby, they are wonderful people and Ava has the heart of an angel.

It is amazing to me that I have found a group of non-pety, supportive women such as Ava. I mean if you had told me in high school that the people I would find the most understanding of me were people I met online I would have called you a lier. Back then my life was filled with girls who were mean for laughs, who tortured the girls who weren’t as cool as them. I am so thankful for my nesties, particularly those on the t-ttc board. I wish there was a way I could help them with their dream to be a mom. And lately R and I have been talking about egg donation, and depending on how long it takes for number two it might be actually possible for me to do that. I need to think about it more and research it but I have a feeling it is in the cards for us. I just can’t imagine not paying this gift forward and unless we win the lotto giving people money for treatment isn’t going to be feasible for us.

Today baby is the size of a plum and weighs .50 of an ounce. She has every organ although not fully developed. Her intestines which grew so fast the last few weeks are now moving from the umbilical cord into her body cavity. In the last three weeks baby has also doubled her size.

8 comments:

my hope my faith my love said...

I been waiting for this post, so glad it went well.

Butterfly said...

So glad to hear that everything is going well with baby! Hope you can stop the anxiety and just enjoy the moment.

I can get Dad to light some more candles for you in Ireland and the you can let it go and let God do the worrying!! :-)

Hugs,
Leona

nickoletta100 said...

YAY! So glad the scan went well!

Unknown said...

He he. I figured you'd want to use it while you were over, so it's yours to play with if you'd like :)

It also takes recordings (if yours doesn't) in case you want to send something to family/friends.

And yey for camera shy babies. G over here is just as picky about his good side. Apparently right now, the only good side is that covered by a hand, foot or placenta ;p

Hugs -- will see you soon!

Maria (MKC101103) said...

My DH says the same about aliens. Men.

I'm thrilled it went so well for you!!

And I think the same thing about egg donation. I definitely think it's in my future. I would love to help out women who need eggs.

ggop said...

That's a good measurement! Great to hear the results look good.

Tina said...

I glad the NT scan went good but sorry the tech wasn't nice. The book is called A guide to rational living. I basically read the parts that I felt caused a lot of my anxiety and panic but it's a cognitive learning book that really settled me. It's by Dr. Albert Ellis. I hope it helps some. When are you telling the world the big news? Or have you already?

JG said...

From a complete stranger - I've found your story in researching several infertility blogs, ones like mine who share the same story. I'm so happy for you that you are finally carrying a miracle! :) Do you belong to a message forum or somewhere that I can go and get support from those unfortunately undergoing my same fate?