Saturday, May 24, 2008

8 Weeks

This week went well and although morning sickness which hits me around 4 pm is getting worse I have finally learned how not to push myself. I am also learning to get in all my fruits and veggies so that is important.

Friday’s u/s was amazing we saw and HEARD the baby’s heart beating. It was 158 beats per minute which is great and well with in the normal range of 120 to 180. I cried when we saw the baby. I was so thankful she is still there and doing well. R got kinda weepy eyed to and it is so fun to watch his face light up. We are both so excited and grateful to be pg.

This week the baby is the size of a raspberry, the leg and arm buds are continuing to grow and now the ends are forming into hands and feet. The fingers and toes are still webbed and WAY to small to see on an u/s but they are there. The eyes are almost completely covered by the eyelids now and the branches of the lungs are developing.

9 comments:

nickoletta100 said...

YAY!!!! You saw and heard the heartbeat! Isn't that the most wonderful thing ever?! I am so happy for you.

Lisa said...

Hearing the heartbeat is HUGE! Congratulations!

Angie said...

How exciting, you got to hear the heartbeat! I can't believe you are already 8 weeks!! YAAAAAYYYYY!!!!!

Tina said...

Congrats on the heartbeat!

SheWoreScarletBegonias said...

Awwww....Ariel, I'm so happy for your and your DH. You so deserve this gift and I hope your MS subsides soon!

Echloe said...

That is great news. Can you post U/S picts?

**ps. I'm seeing Dr. Willman. She seems really nice. And so far I think RSC will be a great place for me. Hopefully I'll be lucky like you.**

Busted said...

Yay on the heartbeat! To reply to your comment on my blog, I think it would be a GREAT idea to post on the nest about "A New Day". Thanks!

Busted said...

P.S. - maybe include a disclaimer that the blogs have details on loss, et cetera so no one is suprised.

Heather said...

I can recall so clearly the moment I walked into my son's first mom's hospital room while she was in labor and realized the sound I was hearing was his heartbeat. It all was so real in that moment. I can only imagine how incredible it must be to hear it in this happy context!

Congratulations!