Sunday, February 8, 2009

2 Months Old

Our little guy is two months old now! I can't believe how the time has flown by, where did it all go? I have to say that even with his recent issues: reflux, biting while nursing, jaundice, lack of sleep, I love him more and more every day. Just when I think I love him as much as a person can he looks up and smiles at me and my heart swells a little bit more.

That isn't to say the sleep and feeding issues aren't killing us. I have thought about quitting BFing three of four times in the last few days. He isn't feeding well which means he isn't sleeping well. Tonight we are going to try something new and feed him a bottle of BM from when he was born to see if it helps. You are probably thinking why would that help. Well my hope is that since that BM has a ton of fat it will help him sleep better. At this point I am willing to try anything to get some sleep better so we can sleep better.

Speaking of sleep, he is sleeping in his own room for both nights and overnight! Shannon and Holy you guys should be proud, I only go in to check on him 4-10 times a night. ;)

Tomorrow Riley has an ultrasound to check for hip displasia, and while I am fairly sure he will be fine I wouldn't mind a prayer or two. I don't want to add hip braces to our mounting pile of crap we have to deal with. We are also finally going to be SEEN by someone for the BFing issues. After speaking with two Lactation Consultants last week but neither being able to see me I decided to call Le Leche League to be seen through them. I really hope they can help us.

I will update you about it all tomorrow.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck tomorrow! I'll be thinking of you.

Anonymous said...

Good Luck with the u/s and I hope it shows nothing!

shiner said...

You have my prayers every night anyway but I'll say a few extra regarding hips/feeding/sleeping. So glad you are enjoying motherhood. I am so ready to be there but I know I am really just clueless to what it will honestly be like. Hope you will get some better sleep soon.

Jessica White said...

I'm sending lots of prayers your way *hugs*

ggop said...

Hey Ariella,
Breast milk is lower in fat and high in lactose. Of course the hind milk is higher fat so if you have harvested it good for you! Riley will benefit a lot.

Great to see his progress so far and kudos to you for being able to put him in his own room so early. You are doing swell.

ggop said...

Oops I reread what you wrote. Looks like you bottled colostrum and it is high fat. Yay for you!