Sunday, April 12, 2009

4 Months is the BEST age

Today is Easter and since our household isn't religious we are having a nice low key Sunday.

I am told all the time that as a mom it is important to be "in the momment" and enjoy each phase of thier life rather than looking ahead. I don't feel I was able to do that Riley's first 6 weeks of life, it was all I could do just to get through each feeding. R and I lived those first weeks concentrating on making it to his next meal. It was that hard for us, and yet we loved it survived it and now here we are 4+ months old and able to live in the momment and enjoy it! Riley giggles, laughs, interacts and smiles with us all the time, his mood is easy going and he likes strangers but prefers us. We find ourselves wishing now that time wouldn't go faster but rather slow down. I told R this am as Riley was laughing at me for blowing him kisses that I wish I could freeze this age. That this is the best and it can't possibly get better than right now. He agreed. 4 months is the best age!

Riley's 4 Month Photos:



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

He might be the cutest little boy ever!

And thanks for the youtube link...that was funny!

Sasha & Mark said...

So cute! Love the photos

(prediction-- 5 months is the best age too! :)

Stephanie said...

What a great looking family, Riley is a handsome little guy.