Monday, August 18, 2008

Today I was Happy

Today I visited my friend and fellow pg after IF blogger Ava in the city for some lunch and beach time. We had a great time just chatting about marriage, pg after IF, feminism, impending motherhood, and birth. Time flew by and before I knew it we had to say good bye but I wasn't really ready to go home.

So I stopped two exits short of home and took a walk from the Public transportation I had used to get into the city to the park. I bought a new book on the way there and sat in the shade and read, for two hours. For two hours I both read my book and people watched while drinking bottled water.

And when it was time to go home I did so but before I went home I realized it has been over a YEAR since I had a day like today. Sure I have enjoyed the beach, enjoyed friends, enjoyed the park during the last year but enjoyed a park by myself with children running around and be OKAY with it. It has been a long time since I have done that!

So today was a happy day, possibly the first true happy old me day I have had in a really LONG time. I am hopeful for lots more of them, and soon. It would be nice to get to know the old me again, before the mommy me tries to take over in January.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds truly wonderful. I'm so happy for you, Ariel.

Maria (MKC101103) said...

I'm so happy you had such a nice day!!

Lisa said...

Sounds like a lovely day!

Sasha & Mark said...

what a perfect day! I love going someplace peaceful to read...

Alison said...

AWESOME Ariel!!! I hope you have many, many more days like this SOON!

Stephanie said...

I'm so happy you had a wonderful day. I hope you continue to have more days filled with happiness.

K @ Running Through Life said...

Yay! That sounds like an amazing day!

Jennifer said...

That sounds like my definition of a perfect day. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. :)

P.S. RE your comment on my blog, all three measurements refer to the same follicle. There's just one, but I get 3D measurements, I guess.

JustaKidAtHeart said...

That sounds wonderful