Tuesday, August 5, 2008
I must admit it is such a boost to my ego to be tagged. It makes me feel popular!
I was tagged by Kristen at I Would Diet for That who blogs about her IVF, her life and the struggle to lose weight. She is a great gal and one of my t-ttc buddies. She is in the middle of IVF right now so go over and give her some love, and baby dust if you have any to spare (Shan, Holly I want you BOTH to give her all of yours. You girls don't need it, right now!)
Here are the tag rules:
1. Link to the person who tagged you
2. Post the rules on your blog
3. Write 6 random things about yourself
4. Tag 6 people at the end of your post and link to them
5. Let each person you have tagged know by leaving a comment on their blog
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is posted.
So, my challenge is to share six random things about myself. I am kind of an open book, so we'll see...
1) I have a birth mark to the side of my belly button. It isn't a traditional birth mark but rather a cluster of moles in the shape of two people having sex. R and I refer to it as my constellation, and we have found numerous hours of humor in the fact that it looks like two people having sex.
2) If I could have any job in the world I would want to be the grant coordinator for DCYF. I think handing out money to organizations who do good work with children, youth and families sounds like a wonderful job. It has power, money, and it helps others. What more could this radical lefty ask for?
3) R is not my "type" of boyfriend. I think most of my friends were rather shocked when we started dating and even more shocked when I feel madly in love so fast. Before him I dated pretty boys who treated me like crap for the most part. Thank god I found R and married him. I shutter to think of who I would have ended up with if not him.
4) I don't have a shoe or purse fetish. I understand many women love these two things but I am way too piratical to want a 400 dollar purse that in 6-9 months will be out of style. This is why my new obsession for a 200 dollar diaper bag is reticules. R and I both know it but it seems I can't help myself. I want a petunia pickle bag! And as hard as I try I can't seem to convince myself that I don't need it, or that it is too much money for a diaper bag.
5) I have low self esteem. Most people don't guess this about me. I am outgoing, I share my feelings and express myself well but on the inside I still worry about fitting in. I find it hard to make friends and keep them since I disagree with lifestyle choices many people my age make (drugs and drinking) and yet am very liberal too. If I were conservative maybe more I would find more 26-30 year olds who don't drink or do drugs either.
6) I could never leave the bay area, CA. I love my home turf. I love the people, the politics, the lifestyle. R and I have talked many times about leaving, about growing roots somewhere less expensive, but deep down we both are kidding ourselves. This is home:
I have the hardest time tagging people. I worry people hate being tagged or they won't like me because I tag them. (yep that's the low self esteem.) So I am tagging the last 6 people who left comments!
1) Jess at Life at the White House. She does an amazing job talking honestly and openly about what it is like to use donor sperm. I admire her faith and trust in God. She is about to do IUI #1 in a few weeks. Wish her luck.
2) Amandalyn from My So Called Life just found out this week that she is pregnant! Her picture of her positive pee stick brought tears to my eyes. I am so happy for her. Her and her hubby Dean are going to be great parents!
3) Diana is mom to Baby Twiglet now called Kacey. Kacey was due on my birthday but she arrived late as so many first babies do. Like me, Diana had a low first beta, her story gave me much hope those first few days. She is a wonderful blogger friend and one of the only mommies who reads my blog.
4) Shinner writes art4mybaby and as some of you might know is doing a donor egg IVF right now. She has had her transfer and is on bed rest for a while. I am VERY hopeful for her. She will be an amazing mother. Send her some of that sticky baby dust girls. She has had multiple miscarriages and is on levonox to prevent another. Shinner I am thinking good thoughts and praying for you.
5) Patty writes Crazy (Married) Cat Lady. I just LOVE the name of her blog, since I am a cat person myself. She writes about marriage and life in general. Her dad is sick right now and needs prayers, fairy dust or good thoughts. Send what you have, she is to young to be dealing with all of this.
Last but not least I am supposed to tag Jen, but Jen is going through a lot right now. So I have decided to tag her as a way of saying "I am thinking of you" but you don't have to add this to your plate.
Thank you to everyone who plays.