Friday, August 1, 2008

18 weeks

I am not so sure I like doing these milestone posts. Do you like reading them?

18 weeks today! That seems like so far along and yet some how I don't believe it. I am almost 1/2 way there! Monday is our big u/s. After much debate about finding out the gender and if we would tell the world we decided that if on Monday baby gives up the goods we will share the news with everyone. So assuming baby spreads 'um and the tech isn't an idiot Monday I will know and so will all of you, if I am team pink or blue.

R's mom and I had a good chat this week. She loved the pics I sent her. She is very excited and has decided I am having a girl. I told her that is what R and I think too.

My health is doing well. Less anxiety in general and lots less baby anxiety. I gained 2 maybe 3 pounds this week. :( That brings my gain to 4 pounds. I plan on waiting till the Dr on Monday so see if she agrees. From everything I have read 4 pounds is just fine, but I just worry since I am already so big to begin with. Our spinal abifatia results were negative putting our risk at 1/1500. I wish it were lower than that but those are still great numbers. Monday's u/s should eliminate the risk almost entirely.

This week baby is the size of a sweet potato. She is flexing her arms and legs now and feeling movement is passable. I have thought a few times I might be feeling her move but am still not sure.

9 comments:

Amanda said...

I love reading the weekly updates!! I can't believe how fast it's going for you! And I can't wait to hear what "team" you're on!! Have a good weekend!!

Anonymous said...

I think it is a boy, but what do I know? You have way more instinct in this than any of us do.

Good luck at your U/S! I'm sure the baby is just fine, but I can't wait to hear for sure anyway!

Are you going to change the name of your blog once you actually HAVE your miracle? Just curious.

ggop said...

I look forward to your updates!
Hey ever tried the Chinese calendar
to check out if its a boy or girl for fun?

http://parenting.ivillage.com/ttc/ttcsigns/0,,j736,00.html

(Sorry not very savvy with html)

Alison said...

The updates are great Ariel!

J said...

Can't wait until your u/s on Monday! Good luck - I hope the baby is willing to show the goods. :) I think you are having a girl, but what do I know.
I was wondering if you know how much weight people should gain each trimester. At what point is it a pound a week or more?
Sounds like your little one is growing big! You are half way there!

shiner said...

I prefer the updates, too. It's good to see/hear about you being happy and it's inspiring to me.

Ariella said...

Patty: No idea on changing the name, although I do plan on changing the discription of the blog soon.

JC: Because I am "plus size" my OB wants a wieght gain of no more than 25 pounds. How and when I put it on is up to me but she says I should make it to 20 weeks with no more than 10 pounds gained. I think I will do that. Ideally I will only gain 15 pounds total. That is my "goal" but I am starting to realize that it may be more like 20 pounds.

"Your pg week by week" has some good infor about weight gain, and it says average for 18 weeks is 10 pounds.

Kristen said...

I can't believe you could know the baby's sex on Monday! How exciting! I will anxiously be checking your blog and the boards for you update! :-)

Stephanie said...

I love hearing about your updates! I'm glad R's mom is getting more excited about the baby.