Saturday, July 18, 2009

Suplementation ?

Every month for 7 months now my supply drops and then BOOM me period shows. This month it was a double wammy because she was late and I had gotten my hopes up that I was pg. Stupid me!

Every time she shows it is a battle of will to keep my supply going, I eat oatmeal and eggs for breakfast, double my protien intake and drink enough water to fill a swimming pool. Sometimes we even rent a hospital grade pump because while my PIS is great it is not any where close to a hospital grade pump. This month when she came R and I had a talk, I don't want to rent a pump again I told him. I just want to see what happens with my supply.

And so that is what we are doing. A few outcomes are possable:
a) my supply bounces back just fine
b) my supply takes a hit and we do some suplementing but overtime it comes back and we just supplement when my period shows up
c) we supplement all the time because my suply doesn't come back
d) We supplement now and then wean (not what I want to do)

I feel okay about a and b but not c and d makes me very sad, but at the same time I know I can't continue to be tied to my pump. I feel like I have no life when I am pumping after every meal and that is what it takes for me to regain my supply sometimes. I just don't want to keep doing that. Ofcourse if it looks likd d is going to happen then I will be renting that hospital pump. As ready as I am to not be tied to nursing, I am not ready to give up the benifits for my son.

3 comments:

JustaKidAtHeart said...

crossing my fingers for option A

Joy said...

I've been exclusively pumping for almost 14 months now. Up until this last couple of months, I was having 60 day cycles. (I'm on almost CD100 now. Not sure what's up. Yes, I POAS, it was negative.) Just before my period would start, my supply would drop.. then it would slowly increase again with a big bump just after I would O.
As my estrogen would crash, my supply would increase.
I'm betting you'll get option A. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Jessica White said...

I think the whole breast feeding, pumping, formula thing is such a hard decision to make: hopefully A is what happens and you don't even have to think about it *hugs*