Thursday, October 2, 2008

27 Weeks

Today I am 27 weeks, and I don't quite understand how I got here. No really, where did the time go? How is it that I am now, get this, in the 3rd tri!?! I just can't believe it, I am in the third tri and my baby is healthy alive and thriving. HOLY SHIT! I feel so lucky and blessed it is amazing.

This week R and I realized if I place the remote on my belly that baby will kick it and make it bounce. We spent twenty minutes doing this one night. I sat there and couldn't believe baby is big enough to do that. Dh can't believe it either.

This week I have really enjoyed being pg. I sing to baby everyday now. We sing the same some that my mom used to sing to me called Baby Tree. Baby loves it! It gets him/her to wiggle around. Some days I sing it over and over again just for the movement. I am hoping that by the time baby gets her she/he knows the song and it is calming.

My shower is this weekend! Yes it is a little soon but I didn't want to do it in November due to birthdays and Thanksgiving, and late October didn't work for many reasons plus this gives me plenty of time to finish shopping and setting up. In prep for the baby shower. We are finding out the sex/gender tomorrow. (did you see how slyly I snuck that in?) I will announce here on Monday, if it is a boy or a girl. I am so excited to find out! As a surprise we are telling people at the shower, I can't wait to see how everyone reacts. If you are reading this and coming to the shower PLEASE keep quite about the surprise.

I promised belly pics weeks ago, and am nust now getting two them.
This is me with Shannon and Holly, two of my BFFs. They are amazing and throwing me my shower. This is from 25w2d pg after we worked on the nursery. I promise to do nursery pics soon (as in in a few weeks):


This one is last Friday at 26 weeks:

5 comments:

shiner said...

How wonderful! I am so excited for you. That is hilarious that the baby kicks the remote...how cute. I can't even imagine yet what it would be like to have a shower. I just know it will be magic for you. I can't wait to hear what you are having but I bet it's a girl. Have a great weekend and I can't wait to see the nursery.

Amy (TheGiggleWorm) said...

Have a great time at the shower - I can't wait to hear about the sex of the baby.

And - you look GREAT!

ggop said...

Its not a cliche! You really are glowing in the blue blouse!
Oh I checked out Lullaby Lane after your posting on it. Quite a good variety.

Anonymous said...

You look great!

Just Me said...

WOW!!!! You look STUNNING in that green dress!!! You have that great pregnancy look to you! HAWT!